1. Tell us about your role at your organization? Your role at FVH?
I am the Program Director at Florida Voices for Health
2. How did you get into work with Florida Voices for Health?
My involvement stems from the 2009-2010 fight for the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
3. How do you feel your own personal values align with the mission, vision, and values of FVH?
I believe healthcare is a human right and each one of us should have access to a basic menu of healthcare.
4. In your opinion, what do you think is the biggest challenge in healthcare today?
The biggest challenge in healthcare is the for profit system, which clearly doesn’t want healthcare consumers to know what the cost of care is until the end of the process when it is time to pay up.
5. Can you name a person who has had a tremendous impact on you?
6. What do you enjoy in your favorite breakfast that you make at home?
7. What is one piece of advice for someone wanting to pursue a career in Public Health / non-profit sector?
You have to fight for what you want and be vocal about it.