1. Tell us about your role at your organization? Your role at FVH?
As FVH's Aging & Disability Consumer Advocate, I am active in conversations, planning and calls to action focused on long term care - aging issues and Florida's Medicaid program.
2. How did you get into work with Florida Voices for Health?
It all began when I met Scott Darius, he was facilitating a local event in Delray Beach with Lois Frankel speaking. I was there with the Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach & Treasure Coast.
3. How do you feel your own personal values align with the mission, vision, and
values of FVH?
Very well, a mutual passion and desire for good, for change and willing to keep plugging along!
4. In your opinion, what do you think is the biggest challenge in healthcare today?
Access / Cost which are interconnected.
5. Can you name a person who has had a tremendous impact on you?
Off hand there is not one specific person but in the last ten years since getting involved and active in advocacy I have met and / or worked with many amazing folks who have both taught me and inspired me.
6. What do you enjoy in your favorite breakfast that you make at home?
Not much of a breakfast person.....a waffle with lots of butter is good every once in a while.
7. What is one piece of advice for someone wanting to pursue a career in Public
Health / non-profit sector?
Follow your passion, it will help to carry you through some of the challenges. You must be patient, persistent and build partnerships with those who either share your vision or through collaboration, will help you achieve your goals and perhaps you may help them as well.